Sunday, November 6, 2011

NaNoWriMo 2011 - Day 6

"The unconscious mind takes the gem of an idea and develops it, but usually this happens only when a writer has tried hard, and logically, to develop it himself. After he has given it up for a few hours, getting nowhere, a great advancement of the plot will pop into his head. I have been waked up in the night sometimes by a plot advancement or a solution of a problem that I have not even been dreaming about."
-Patricia Highsmith
"Okay, okay, I'll write my NaNo!
Well, that was a fun weekend. Now it's time to play catch-up.

I quite unintentionally took Saturday off from writing in order to play video games.

Did I enjoy it? Heck, yes.

Do I regret it? Only if I don't finish my NaNo.

As it is, between the work I had done earlier in the week to put myself a head mixed with my extraordinary boost in productivity this afternoon (2100 words in an hour and a half; I think that's a new record for me), I'm just at the recommended wordcount levels for today.

I am, of course, behind for my own goals, but I'm happy enough to have caught up with the official pace.

Now, as I head into another week of work and school, I get to play my juggling act of productivity all over again.

Because of that, I hope you will forgive me for making this a shorter post. If you're looking for more insight than I can provide, I recommend that you go check out this week's episode of Writing Excuses, or read a short story, or take a nap, or buy The War of Art, or play Arkham Asylum (you can find my review of it at The Vanishing Blog).

Any number of things can help improve your creativity. Sometimes desperation is the best motivator (as I have proven today), but I highly doubt it's the healthiest.

Until next time...
-josh k.

(Also, you'll have likely noticed the "Writings" tab above. I don't have news about that yet, but pay attention for an announcement sometime this week, as I'll hopefully have it all worked out by then.)

NaNoWriMo 2011 Progress
Today: 2,135/1,666 words
So far: 9,126/10,000 words
Total: 9,126/50,000 words

No comments:

Post a Comment