Sunday, December 26, 2010

A Year of Words --- Writing

First goal for the Year of Words: write 500,000 words in one year.

Perhaps the best way to learn more about the use of words is to practice using them. I'm  on the edge of 100,000 words for this year, and that only took about three months at a slow pace. So I'm going to be a bit ambitious and aim for 500k next year. I think it's doable. Along the way, I'll post some updates as to what I'm working on, the challenges I'm facing, and maybe even include a few excerpts.

Partially related to this writing element is my trip to London, the Mecca of writing for the English language. I don't know if it's going to be inspiring, stirring, moving, or whatever else for me to be treading the ground and living in the city of so many great writers, but I know I'm going to get a lot out of it regardless.

In addition, the aforementioned creative writing classes that I will be taking at Kingston are going to help me reach this goal through both study and practice of writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment