Wednesday, November 30, 2011

NaNoWriMo 2011 - Day 30

So, this is weird. I feel like I'm sitting in limbo.

For the first time in weeks, I don't have a writing project on my hands.

Now, that's all going to change tomorrow (I'll talk about that then). But for now, it's... actually kind of scary. I'm floating around looking at all the time I have on my hands and not getting anything done (more or less). I made some progress on my reading, played some video games, and generally wasted time.

It was kind of miserable. Not having anything to write felt... wrong, somehow.

I did enjoy it, sure. And I do think it was a good thing (that's a big shift, by the way; for the longest time I felt terrible every time I took a day off). Breaks are necessary in order to "refill the well," as Brandon Sanderson likes to say.

All that being said, though, I'll be glad to get back to writing tomorrow. I don't want to lose this momentum.



A brief note of news. I've got a new "NaNoWriMo" tab up at the top there. If you click on it, you'll find all the posts I've written about NaNoWriMo, organized by year. Granted, you could just click on the "NaNoWriMo" label over on the "Blogging Topics" table, but in case you're looking for a specific post, I've put them all together up there for easy organization.

Also, as a reminder, I've posted the entire book from this year -- "The Sentinel: a Star Wars novel" -- over on my writings blog. You can reach it by following the Writings tab above. I'm planning on getting last year's novel -- "Declaration: a Star Wars novel" -- up over there by the end of the week. I'll be sure to let you all know when that happens.

For now, though, I'm pressing forward. My writing break is done and I'm back to my own worlds. It's been great to adventure in the Star Wars galaxy again, but now I need to leave it behind and continue exploring my own universes.

Until next time...
-josh k.

No comments:

Post a Comment