Thursday, November 17, 2011

NaNoWriMo 2011 - Day 17

Yeah... I have no illusions about getting any writing done today. I'm still writing this paper for tomorrow, due to my horrendous procrastination habits when it comes to academic and other "real world" deadlines.

However, on a significantly more awesome note, I have several pieces of exciting news to share with you.

First, I was interviewed in the student newspaper this week! It's a part of an article the paper ran on NaNoWriMo (so this post is totally topical, yep), and I'd say I acquit myself fairly well, even if I was apparently too verbose for any actual quotes.

You can find the article on the Index's website: Writing contest creates bonds.

On another happy note, my proposal for English Honors was accepted today. Not only that, they gave the idea some very high praise.

Here's the relevant portion:

"We would like to share with you the following remarks, made by a reviewer, about your creative project proposal:
"Sounds great to me. A fine plan for proceeding on a creative project. Contextualized, researched, written with literary models in mind. I wish all the creative honors projects were this thought out."

*pleased face goes here*

I'm excited, despite the fact that I'm behind on my wordcounts and still struggling to finish this paper. I'm sure I'll be sharing much of this excitement over the coming months, but for now I'm going to buckle down and finish things so I can go on break (during which I will work very hard to catch up on all the writing and homework I've neglected).

Until next time...
-josh k.

No comments:

Post a Comment