Wednesday, November 2, 2011

NaNoWriMo 2011 - Day 2

"Don't look back -- something might be gaining on you."
-Satchel Paige

Yes. There was some at breakfast today.
That is all.

Goal for today: Don't lose momentum.

Did I meet it?

Yeah, mostly...

Okay, thus far, I have successfully met the wordcount suggested by NaNoWriMo for today. And this puts me ahead overall and on schedule to finish early. So I'm happy about all that.

However...it's not up to yesterday's stellar start, nor does it match my own standards set for myself.

That's...a bit disappointing.

Even so, I'm still glad that I'm keeping up with it. And I'm maintaining my goal of finishing at least one chapter each day. And I'm further maintaining that goal by keeping the wordcount of each chapter around 2500 words. (They've been a wee bit short thus far, but I'm okay with that. It means I'll have some leftover words to shove into some of the juicier chapters.)

I'm just hoping that this isn't a sign of things to come and I simply continue to backslide off of my strong opening.

Anyways, that's all I've really got for right now. If I think of anything more profound to say, I'll throw it in here with an exciting "UPDATE" tag. But until then...I've got other work to do.

-josh k.

NaNoWriMo 2011 Progress
Today: 1,667/1,666 words.
So far: 4,818/3,333 words.
Overall: 4,818/50,000 words.

1 comment:

  1. Doing way better than me. I've had quite a busy day though. Had awesome social time that I wouldn't trade for anything. So I guess my sleep is going to be the thing that suffers. Time to write!

    ReplyDelete