Sunday, January 30, 2011

On the Eve of a Beginning

First off, sorry that you haven't seen the book reviews yet. They're taking somewhat longer than I would have liked. (I may need to pare them down a bit.)

In other, slightly more relevant news, I am beginning school tomorrow. Finally.

We're starting things off with "Narrative, Character, and Voice," which are all topics I certainly need to work on.

I'm really looking forward to this semester. I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before or not. Kingston University offers a number of focused, creative writing classes that Truman simply doesn't. So I hope I'll be able to learn a lot about my chosen craft this semester. I think it'll help that Kingston -- and the British school system in general -- seems much more focused on practical skills and preparing you for the working world and etc. It seems to me that such an approach to education makes the whole experience a lot more applicable.

But we'll see. After all, I have yet to set foot in a classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment